Dog steals ice cream from fellow dog

[Read the post]

What is the thinking behind posting a gif of the punchline to the video you presumably want people to watch? Why bother with the video at all?

3 Likes

It’s a liability thing. We have to be eased into these things. Just takes one induced coronary lawsuit to bring down the whole site.

5 Likes

I have to admit, all these animated gifs are giving me Web 1.0 flashbacks. Then I get sad when I remember how much more freedom the internet had in those days. And then a big dog suddenly snarfs a smaller dog’s ice cream and then I don’t feel so bad anymore.

3 Likes

I think that the theoretical basis for it is that on mobile you may not be able to watch the video for some reason; the fact that every smartphone’s been able to watch these videos for the last 5 years be damned.

1 Like

Honestly, I kinda like it. When I don’t have a lot of time I just skim through BoingBoing, I like that the gif shows the gist of what’s going on without having to watch the whole video. And I know the whole video isn’t that long anyway, I dunno, I just like the short, concise clip, imho.

2 Likes

Anybody else reminded of the misandry cartoon?

1 Like

The arctic-level brain freeze that dog is going to experience will be punishment enough.

4 Likes

Its a doggie, doggie world.

1 Like

In this instance it’s a good job there’s an attached .gif, because I can’t watch the video in my country due to copyright. Of two dogs eating ice-cream. Because that makes total sense.

2 Likes

But showing the 2 second cliffnotes version ruins–or at least limits-- the effect for everyone who doesn’t want to save time by shoving it in their face–unavoidably. Can’t the GIF be hidden behind a link or something?

Pet video hipster: I was watching that YouTube video before it was cool; it’s really sold out.

Not anymore. Now it’s a dog-steals-ice cream-from-fellow-dog world.

Cooper scooper

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.