Domestic cats an invasive species

What domestication that we did also leaned into that early on, because we wanted them to go after mice and other critters in our fields.

That’s what I do… :woman_shrugging: She gets plenty of exercise playing with toys and bugs that get into the house…

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

12 Likes

I think they’re doing it wrong.

The snip is made in the belly.

3 Likes

It_All_Makes_Sense_Now

9 Likes
7 Likes

mum’s kitty doesn’t cat. if she goes outdoors, she will run down the porch stairs to lie in the shade underneath. our property is covered in sharp crushed coral and she hates to walk on it, prefering instead to roll on the smooth concrete landing.
we have songbirds we feed on the porch, along with squirrels and the (literally) hundreds of small lizards darting about and she ignores them all.
yes, cats are predators, cute, fuzzy murder machines which is why i say this one just doesn’t know how to cat:

edit: she does appear to be contemplating mass murder in thi pic. or at least mine, if i don’t get up and feed her… again!

15 Likes

Too lazy to be evil.

7 Likes

Disclaimer: No cat lovers in my household.

Glad to see this cultural shift. There have been discussions on our local nextdoor-dot-com site about outdoor cats. All the cat lovers talk about how they keep the rat population down. Yes, we have rats, and lots of them. Those cats are doing anything about it, as far as I can tell. Hell, my dog caught a giant rat… who needs cats? All I find, outside of lots of rat poop, is cat poop in my garden, feces which can contain microbes that can ensicken me and my family.

I got his “Catification,” book from the library a few years ago. Really fun!

@FloridaManJefe - that is a beautiful creature! It’s okay if she doesn’t know how to cat. :wink:

8 Likes

9 Likes

This is funny because I have indoor cats and dispose of their waste in the trash, but I am constantly finding dog poop in my yard, which also contains microbes…go figure…

6 Likes

New Zealand is obviously a special case

Birds in North America don’t seem to have any trouble coexisting with us and our pets

4 Likes
5 Likes

Funny that someone went through the trouble to photoshop that image from a movie poster when this one was readily available:

7 Likes

I personally know a cat who can. His name is Buzz, he’s a gigantic orange boy, and he kept licking a weird mole on his mom. She went to a doctor, it was melanoma, she had it removed. Then he starts licking a different one. It was pre-cancerous.

We started calling him Dr. Housecat.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.