Man films neighbor's bizarre tantrum over cat's preferred hangout spot

Originally published at: Man films neighbor's bizarre tantrum over cat's preferred hangout spot | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Wow… I don’t even know what to say to that level of apparent delusion.

Most people who have cats know full well that they basically do whatever they want, especially when it comes to going where they are not supposed to go…

43 Likes

Shocking that a cat wanted to hang out with chill people, and not the asshole.

37 Likes

…which is one of the multitudinous reasons it’s such a

to keep cats indoors.

15 Likes

Maybe this guy can grant asylum to this poor feline.

21 Likes

Cat criminal!!!

cat woman kiss GIF

20 Likes

Dont Tell Me What To Do Saturday Night Live GIF

15 Likes

San Diego, dude.

Cat Facepalm GIF

19 Likes

When I was young, our family cat liked to sit in the neighbor’s yard, 1 foot past where their dog’s tie out ended. The dog would whip out to get my cat, only to be suddenly yanked off their paws (while my cat sat just out of reach casually grooming himself).

The neighbor finally had enough and came over to yell at my brother:

Neighbor: “You need to make your cat stop taunting my dog!”
Brother: “Ok, I’ll tell him to stop.”
Neighbor: <confused/angry huff as they stormed back to their house>

18 Likes

Yeah, who would you rather hang out with?

12 Likes

I befriended a few of the neighborhood cats at my old spot. I’d get home from work, go sit on the stoop, and they’d come running over to just hang out.

They just know who’s chill and who’s not.

19 Likes

I would like the record to reflect that the cat absolutely does understand English, knows exactly how it’s human feels about its wandering ways, and is intentional in its behavior. The neighbor is a pawn in this game but the cat knows precisely what it’s doing. I can’t say what lesson it is trying to teach but it has moved beyond the tier III “I’m going to shit in your sneaker” phase of catness and escalated to tier IV, the “I’m going to make you go insane and embarrass yourself in front of other primates” phase.

31 Likes

Hunh. I’ve got three neighbor cats that visit, and glad of the company. Keeps me busy, dreaming up challenges to their interest in the bird feeders. They get that it’s a competition, but enjoy being scritched, and put up with my anti-felisocial behavior. Some days one will just be in a huff, but I just wait 'em out.

11 Likes

Me after watching this video: “This has to be in Ocean Beach”.
Quick maps search: Yep.
IYKYK.

8 Likes

Tom And Jerry GIF

24 Likes

OMG, this would be hilarious if they hadn’t brought the police into it.
We had a similar situation a few years ago. A neighbor’s cat loved hanging out at our place. He’d hang out all day. We knew from his collar (after a while, he was sometimes without one) that he was on meds, so we’d call the neighbors if he hadn’t headed home by dusk. Sometimes we’d even walk him down the hill. He was such a sweet kitty.
Anyway, the neighbors were almost always pissed at us and would come storming up onto our property (one notable time during a cookout) to aggressively remove their cat. Who, again, we had called them to make sure they knew where he was.
I generally like cat people, but there are definitely the exceptions that prove the rule!

22 Likes

well spotted! tophat-biggrin

Great minds, etc tophat-yes

12 Likes

… that is not how cats work

18 Likes

This is the dumbest timeline…

7 Likes

Another case where the owners should be neutered and spayed.

10 Likes