Donald Trump extends his "day one" dictatorship to "four years and beyond" (video)

Meaning GIF

You think that means he doesn’t have authoritarian designs?

And why should Iowa continue to be first in the nation, other than to give relatively conservative white people a greater say over electoral politics than the rest of us…?

7 Likes

Why would you jump to that conclusion? I didn’t even comment on it.

1 Like

Because that’s the topic of the thread, so by posting the snopes article, you seemed to be contradicting it… :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I apologize for posting a fact check from a reliable source…?

2 Likes

hm;

but nobody had to call me because I made the commitment and we kept you first in the nation. As long as I have anything to say about it — and that we have a good chance of saying for four years, [we’ll] have a lot to say about it, four years and beyond — you’re going to be first in the nation.

well, I dont know…in context…honestly, sounds exactly like before; he assures iowa will allways be first because the-royal-we will be prez for four years and beyond. which is as insane as it sounds.

8 Likes

Yeah, he’s very clearly saying that he plans on ensuring that Iowa will be first in the primary season for 4 years and beyond, and the only way he could ensure that is if he is President for 4 years and beyond. Claiming that he didn’t say he would be President for 4 years and beyond requires an illogically narrow reading of his words. Plus, he has previously said he doesn’t like the 2 term limit and wondered if he could get rid of it.

9 Likes

But now we know how the media gets to downplay “four years and beyond” for now, and then when it becomes a slogan or something it’ll be that much more normalized. :face_exhaling:

2 Likes

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.