"Don't Support this Smelly Noisy Truck" and other bizarre and charming street flyers

Originally published at: "Don't Support this Smelly Noisy Truck" and other bizarre and charming street flyers | Boing Boing

8 Likes

This is all I got.

19 Likes

It’s not a flyer exactly, but there is a sticker affixed to a lamp post in my local grocery store’s parking lot that simply says, “HAVE YOU BEEN HAVING STRANGE DREAMS? Tell me about them at (gmail address).” Black text on white background.

I mean, yeah, I have been, but that’s just kinda how dreams work.

9 Likes

The most indelible poster traced upon my brain was the beefcake Tom Selleck poster on the inside of the bathroom door of a hair salon near Orange Heights, FL back in the 90s.
Not this one, though. It was a beach volleyball poster and he wore red Speedos.

4 Likes

27 Likes

19 Likes

well.
ain’t that a fancy way of sayin “shit tickets”?!

5 Likes

I don’t collect, but did find this on a telephone pole one time and decided I needed to have a copy. Something about the smile on the statue’s face

6 Likes

3642661392_893103fda0_o

I still can’t resist snickering at this…

18 Likes

Had to dox the butter club?

5 Likes

He brings a razor so he can take the posters, depriving everyone else around the glory of them? I don’t care if he scans them and reposts them, that is just not cool. Learn to take a picture. With the bonus of seeing the poster in its original context.

5 Likes

I still remember from my youth large official stencils on various public structures proclaiming “Bill Posters Will Be Prosecuted” - to which some wag will have painted “Bill Posters is innocent!”.

12 Likes

Something like this?

51lRBVlQ6KL._AC_1

4 Likes

Not so much action, more beefcake posing.

1 Like

The best ones are in that weird middle ground where you cant tell if its a joke or real. “Ling Lings Head” for example. I remember seeing that one in a fanzine in the late 90s.

Oh man, you need a ticket now?

1 Like

It’s not doxxing if the butter club is actively trying to share their contact information.

Think of it as helping to spread the butter club.

8 Likes

I’m good, thanks. I got one of those butt washers from BoingBoing Store ($179 value!)

1 Like

It’s a slippery slope

2 Likes

6 Likes