Doom on the Touch Bar

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/22/doom-on-the-touch-bar.html

2 Likes

Rule

7 Likes

I guess apple is trying to train the market to accept a touch screen/keyboard,
to be released someday.

Tablets are cheaper to make, after all.

1 Like

Oh my dog. This is terrible. I like it!

1 Like

I wonder how hard it would be to modify the doom source to just use a super-wide orthogonal plane instead of stretching to a rather unusable aspect ratio?

Or better yet, more like a 360 degree camera view. Would make for a truly novel new way to play the game.

Heck, for that matter, looking forward to all the new sorts of games a novel feature like this in mass production could facilitate. I really liked what I saw games did with the Logitech G-series keyboards (alas, they came into being after my PC gaming days tapered off).

The Lenovo Yoga Book already has that. It is the worst keyboard ever.

3 Likes

Sign of a misspent childhood - despite being impossible to clearly see, still being able to tell exactly where the player was in E1M1 just by when the sound effects occurred.

5 Likes

I swear there is a belief in tech and gaming that the audience can be trained to expect less; sadly, to some extent it seems true.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.