Door Game Meta Topic

Hey guys, I know it’s been a while, but tonight I started re-reading the old Badass Dragons of the Wasteland threads. For some reason, I started with the Round Three Thread, and I gotta say, it was a hoot and a half reliving those crazy days of our mutually misspent youths, and I read for three hours straight before I looked up and realized my back was killing me and that we really, really, REALLY need to start up another of these things.

Did we ever get an answer to this query? That was the single element of BDW that I think we got most right. It was a shit-ton of work, but even if it only resulted in a few minutes’ amusement for the players, it was a lot of fun to make all the puzzles and maps and things.

I have the enthusiasm to run another of these games (having learned many valuable, if occasionally hard, lessons last time), but I am unsure if I can handle the time commitment just yet. My wife and I just bought a slightly bigger house, and we’re nearly done moving into it, but I also gotta find a new job post haste, so… who knows? Anyway, I miss playing Badass with all you other badasses. Anyone wanna gin up a game?

For that matter, anyone got any clever ideas how to gin up a Badass game that is even lighter and nimbler to run than @patrace’s games have been? His look like sleek marvels of minimalist elegance and efficiency compared to my own raw tonnage of fictive verbosity, but I know his games are no easier a time commitment for him than BDW was for me and @penguinchris and @JonasEggeater.

Whaddaya think? Can we discuss further how to optimize the Badassery?

4 Likes