Dr. Jill Stein's epically batshit 'Bernie Sanders can still win’ theory

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/18/dr-jill-steins-epically-bat.html

I personally hope this is true if for no other reason that the convention would become something interesting to watch.

4 Likes

Heck, he’s got enough people rooting for him he could actually win on a write-in vote.
If he’s not available as an independent I’ll write him in as a protest and hope for the best!

(Yeah, yeah, throwing away my vote, no better than abstainers etc, but you know what, fuck that, short of a real revolution what else is there to do?)

3 Likes

At least as interesting as the other lot’s, it seems.

1 Like

we hope the DNC realizes he’s the only choice.

That’s the strategy? Debbie Wasserman Schultz decides to dump Clinton and get hundreds of delegates to overrule the primary voters and pick Sanders?

@roomwithaview No, no he doesn’t. The large majority of Sanders voters will be voting Clinton in November, because she really didn’t kill Vince Foster and Benghazi. There are a few diehards like yourself who will write him in, but not 70-80 million, or however many it takes these days to win the general. I like Sanders too, but he lost.

8 Likes

I just can’t bring myself to do it, she’s a female version of Bush Sr.
Anything for a buck, but powerful and smart enough to keep the shenanigans one step removed and well hidden.

2 Likes

Oh man such bad memories… that whole scandal and all they could come up with is Bill and his taste in who to have an affair with.
The only thing I really fear from Hillary as president is 4 years of endless email and Benghazi and whatever else OMG A WOMAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE crap from the republicans trying anything to block any real progress.

8 Likes

As Bernie has pointed out many times, his concern now is making sure there isn’t a President Trump. Sitting on the sidelines and getting his supporters to vote for Clinton is an important step in that direction.

9 Likes

Pretty much replace “woman” with “black man” and “birth certificate” for “email” and you’ll see she still may be able to get a lot done. Obama did.

13 Likes

It could be HIllary, it could be Bernie, it could be one of those two other guys that ran. The R’s would be determined to block anything a D president would try to do.

3 Likes

Ummm, was this Jill Stein, or a Facebook group of her supporters?

Because I’m pretty sure this is her Facebook page:

Not the “Dr Jill Stein for President” group.

Unless you have other evidence that she wrote this?

1 Like

Obama also had to sell us out for a few of the “small” social gains we got… Just like Hillary will.

1 Like

Because nothing sticks it to the Dems like ensuring a Trump win!

Let’s throw away social security, let’s dismantle the ACA, let’s roll back Roe v. Wade, let’s drop a nuke on Iran/Syria, let’s defund our schools, let’s build a giant wall around the country at taxpayers’ expense, because fuck it, it might take hundreds of years to recover from all that, but by god, we’ve sent a real message to that damned Democratic Party!

4 Likes

Since this is a site which values political correctness, may I please, once again, make the request that we not use terms that conflate actual mental illness with the normal self-delusions that come as part of being human and a passionate supporter of a cause?

It’s insulting to Dr. Stein (admittedly, probably deliberately), but because you’re using terms implying mental illness as an insult, it’s also demeaning to people with actual mental health issues.

Thank you.

4 Likes

[quote=“joey_bladb, post:13, topic:81703”]
Because nothing sticks it to the Dems like ensuring a Trump win!

Let’s throw away social security, let’s dismantle the ACA, let’s roll back Roe v. Wade, let’s drop a nuke on Iran/Syria, let’s defund our schools, let’s build a giant wall around the country at taxpayers’ expense, because fuck it, it might take hundreds of years to recover from all that, but by god, we’ve sent a real message to that damned Democratic Party!
[/quote]The last time the Dems found themselves without enough left-wing voters to win elections (basically 1969-1992), they moved rightwards, to capture the middle.

1 Like

As a comment above pointed out, I mistakenly thought that was an official Stein campaign announcement. It appears to be a Facebook fan page. We’re taking the page down/removing from social.