Dr. Zaius from Planet of the Apes now has his own talk show

Originally published at: Dr. Zaius from Planet of the Apes now has his own talk show | Boing Boing

5 Likes

This is what I desperately needed today.

11 Likes

I hate every ape I see
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you’ll never make a monkey out of me.

15 Likes

I love it! At first I thought it was borrowing heavily from “Space Ghost Coast to Coast”, but it is really its own animal. Dana Gould, I tip my hat to you.

8 Likes

it’s one part Carson, one part Letterman, one part Space Ghost. love it. i want some of that Klinger Garlic dressing.

6 Likes

The adopted dog joke in the monologue was really good…as was the name-drop of BOC at the end, legitimately got Steven Weber laughing.

4 Likes

Ah, Doctor Z. I remember how thrilling it was for me as a teenager to go to the Hamburger Hamlet on Van Nuys back in the 1980s, knowing you’d see him at his usual table holding court, a hot number like Joey Heatherton always at his side.

7 Likes

These popped up on my recommendations a few days ago to my confusion and delight. I got hooked by The Cat Upstairs clip. https://youtu.be/6YD5e8pLHaI

4 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this with us! It’s delicious!!

6 Likes

13 Likes

It was so sad when she left him for Grodd.

3 Likes
6 Likes

This is my favorite thing ever.

4 Likes

I’m going ape for this show.

2 Likes

Pure gold!

2 Likes

I’m Going Humanoid Over You

1 Like

Even the credits are amazing, full of Easter eggs: eg,

Head of the O.S.I.
                Oscar Goldman

I’ve never heard of this Dr. Z, but he’s apparently been doing it for a long time(?) This video is arguably even better. It shows Zaius crashing a 50th anniversary screening of the original Planet of the Apes:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.