Dragify lets you build websites without learning how to code

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/04/dragify-lets-you-build-website.html

1 Like

You know, there were things like this in the 1990s. They didn’t work very well then.
I don’t know why they bother, because from what I can see half the websites on the net are designed by people who don’t know how to code. Doesn’t seem to stop them.

Recuse yourselves from my astroturf, juveniles!

6 Likes

It’s the new GeoCities!

5 Likes

But can it read my mind?

1 Like

I’ll start by saying that I’m sure there is a good and proper audience for this kind of thing, and it’s probably a good thing to have out there.

Dear non-technical website builders,

When you do get 99% of the way through building your website in a drag and drop interface, but then there’s one, critical thing that that tool won’t let you do. Don’t make me dig through the fucking HTML spaghetti that it created, figure out how to overrule the the styles set by a mountain of imported CSS sheets or javascript-fight it’s plugins over the right to make client-side interactivity work just the way you want.

Thx!

5 Likes

If you are more tech savvy, you will look at the code and think: omg what is this garble? what is this mess? why is this and there’s still p tags there even though I deleted the paragraph or these styles within styles and nested this or that and omg what the fuck.

In short, if you are tech savvy, you should never waste your time with junk like this.

1 Like

Like the way your reply made it seem like you were quoting @HMSGoose directly? :grin:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.