Dremel clone on sale for $15

Theres a HUGE difference between dremel clone and cheap dangerous knockoff

I can see you’re new here.

2 Likes

I got one of these as a gift. Quality control must be poor. I thought I would be able to use it for detailed work. The bit doesn’t spin straight. Not sure if this is the correct terminology, but it sort spins like an ellipse about 1.5 mm off of center. I haven’t had a project come up where the parameters could be this rough so I have never been able to use it.

Mark may have come up with one of the only use cases for this imitation precision tool when he bought one in May of 2017: roughing out a couple of wooden spoons.

The lack of precision bearings, though, on a device that spins at 30,000 RPMs is scary. Eccentric rotation at that speed is a massive hazard, as wrybread noted with his experience of, uhm, energetic spontaneous disassembly while using one of these things as directed.

3 Likes

Meh…

Foredom makes quality stuff, always have. A small disclaimer, my Dremel is 20 years old. It’s a pity that there has been a race to the bottom with such an iconic brand. I guess Dremel tries to compete with people who think a $15 tool is a great deal.

Clone wars?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.