Drone film of Hong Kong's residential towers

Originally published at: Drone film of Hong Kong's residential towers | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Everyone should visit Hong Kong at least once. It’s like nowhere else. Even the larger nearby cities of Shenzhen and Guangzhou are nowhere near as amazing from every angle.

Here’s a pic I took my last visit, four years ago.

10 Likes

True. Its pretty unique. It does have its open areas and the towering buildings do overlook scenic mountains and seas.
The light show youve shared is a very small part of the whole tourist thing.

But, those multitude of densely populated buildings are something else entirely.
What they didnt cover were the old (80s) construction buildings. Those were depressing.

2 Likes

This reminds me of the opening monologue to Dredd.

4 Likes

Playing both of those videos in the post at the same time (with sound on) can create a pretty cool effect - especially when starting and stopping one of them to create either an in-sync or out-of-sync effect.

2 Likes

You will probably enjoy this very much: http://twoyoutubevideosandamotherfuckingcrossfader.com

5 Likes

I probably would - looks fantastic.

But does not work on Safari or Brave Browser (with shields up or down). I click on search and nothing happens. Will tinker further but am not hopeful.

ETA Further tinkering did not result in any functionality.

2 Likes

I wonder how many bits of clothing are lost from those window box style washing lines every week.

2 Likes

It put me in mind of the collapsing city from “Inception”

I wonder what the interiors are like; the exteriors looks like Le Corbusier’s wet-dream.

4 Likes

You could probably build a pretty complete (if rather eclectic) free wardrobe by walking around near those buildings on a windy day.

3 Likes

Just big pixels

3 Likes

Went there for work in 2015, think this was my favourite building:

And their scaffolding is a joy to behold - one of my colleagues explained that in a serious typhoon, bamboo tends to bend but stay stable, whereas steel joints (and tubes) can fracture:

2 Likes

What’s the view like from those apartments? Must be a huge selling point!

all those air conditioners hanging from the buildings give them an unnerving look

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.