Drums of War

Wtf was he doing with the drone strikes then? He knew the US used dubious tactics such as attacking people after a bomb attack (not murder under the rules of engag ment in Iraq apparently), attacking people at funerals of people killed at other strikes, and he must surely have read the horrifying racist transcripts that I read of drone controllers talking themselves into killing carloads of women and children.

The US has been engaged in racist wars terrorising the populations of countries all round the world, all my life. Obama signalled his intention to continue this fine tradition when candidate Obama hired Brzezinski as a policy advisor and later when President Obama appointed Clinton as secretary of state.

4 Likes

Sorry comrade, moving on. Good day.

1 Like
8 Likes

Not a single fucking peep will come out of the West on thisā€¦ not a single sanction, not a single demand that they end their nuclear program, not a single god damn thingā€¦

peep-show-hans-bullshit

9 Likes

I was unaware that Michelle Obama ordered drone strikes.

3 Likes

We dont bomb and invade countries that are doing it for real (North Korea, Iran). Just those that we have manufactured evidence against.

Anyone want some aluminum tubes?

4 Likes

Of course not. Those countries didnā€™t buy up assets in the US to the same degree. Like condos in NY owned by shady real estate failures and failsons.

4 Likes

All the best. Wish to fuck Obama was still US president if that helps.

2 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes

Proposals by the UK government will effectively sanction war crimes by British troops

4 Likes

That article makes the case that sensible voices in the military will object. Thatā€™s so much fucking shit. The British army, like fucking all of them, cover up intentional murders and rape by troops. All the fucking time.
Even the most seemingly straightforward instance of flat out murder can drag through the courts for decades and end up, if any sanction occurs at all, with a slap on the wrist and a cushy job.

Fuck the murderers.

6 Likes

Fuck it, why go for the half measures? Just follow the USā€™s example and pull out of the ICC. Itā€™s not a war crime by definition if the ICC canā€™t prosecute you for it, right?

2 Likes

My cousin Donny (not really my cousin Donny) is spot on here:

5 Likes

Honestly, if the US realised the difference between Shia and Sunni in its discourse, it would be a good thing. Hint: 9/11 was Sunni, the most misogynistic regimes are Sunni, itā€™s entire middle East policy has been based on boosting the most regressive and authoritarian Sunni regimes.

This is obviously shit. Really shit. I wait Andrew prison guard in the Atlantic to explain how Iā€™m wrongā€¦

3 Likes

Indeed. And Shias living in Sunni majority countries (especially Saudi Arabia), they are often ruthlessly suppressed.

This is not to say that Iran doesnā€™t have itā€™s own problems, but it also has the largest Jewish population in the region outside of Israel, has greater protections for minority religions than in SA, and is no more of a ā€œstate sponsor of terrorismā€ than the Saudis, who pay millions each year to build mosques that promote their extremist, hardline interpretation of Islam, especially to vulnerable populations, like in the post-war Balkans.

8 Likes

Which is where the brutal racist authoritarian regime in UAE come in: the awful murder on Yemen is part of their shit. Sickening. Fortunately none of my Jewish friends in Ireland buy this shit. They know racism way better. Itā€™s white people that love it. Stupid racist white people.

5 Likes

Trump Loves the (Russian) Troops.

Bounties on US troops werenā€™t important enough to respond to, and now this:

If he has no plans or interest in Syria, and isnā€™t even interested in hearing intelligence briefings, maybe it would be better just to bring the troops home and get them out of harms way?

7 Likes

ā€œIf only we could get the cops to behave with the professionalism and restraint of our Braveā„¢ļø and Nobleā„¢ļø Troopsā€.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been saying this every time someone said the military should be a role model for US cops in terms of professionalism. Itā€™s a surprisingly common viewpoint, even here on the BBS. American militarism runs deep.

5 Likes