Ebay official jailed after sending critics of company dead pig fetus

Originally published at: Ebay official jailed after sending critics of company dead pig fetus | Boing Boing

4 Likes

This whole story has intrigued me…how can people have such blind loyalty to the company they work for to go this far?

17 Likes

Yo, he was formally a Cop, need I say more.

ACAB

25 Likes

Is 18 months long enough for someone intimately aware of how illegal his actions were?

19 Likes

presumably after it cooperated fully and extensively with its own employees

I don’t seriously believe eBay would put a security guard in charge of any “official” program of harrassment.

Everyone knows they have Customer Service Associates for that.

10 Likes

Oh man, his seller rating is going to take a hit from this.

“We ordered cute bunny slippers, were sent live cockroaches and a dead pig fetus.”

12 Likes

“Love what you do, and you never have to work a day in your life.”

8 Likes

[morning zoo DJ trying to be a real journalist voice]

Qanons are too busy melting down about vaccines to look into the Omidyar Network and it’s SICK

2 Likes

I would suggest we all have inherent tribal tendencies but, with our unprecedented connectivity, it’s massively reinforced and damaging.May be one of the reasons we’re collectively going in a handbasket to that proverbial place. We can’t seem to get past being tiny small minded communities doing battle.

2 Likes

I think the problem is when society tells us to be less tribal. I’m closer in distance and culture to Ontario than California for example, and pretending an Appalachian and “NorCal” or whatever are more similar than me and someone I lived next to for a year or two before finding out they have a different passport is more what causes problems IMO. Arbitrary lines. Borders should be able how to separate out different cultures or negotiate between megacities or whatever, not… what we have now.

In this particular case, All Cops Are Butchers?

He should have just stuck to the bobcat:

1 Like

Formerly. He absolutely was not formally a cop! Had been once (as in former cop) but is definitely not now. He is now formally a criminal. (He was probably informally one when he was formally a cop.)

(Apologies for displaying Pedant Pendant.)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.