Echidnas blow snot bubbles to stay cool in summer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/05/echidnas-blow-snot-bubbles-to-stay-cool-in-summer.html

2 Likes

Between echidnas blowing perfect snot bubbles and wombats making cube-shaped poop, Australian mammals are demonstrating levels of orifice control that puts the rest of the world to shame.

12 Likes

They just need snot bubble caching to stop the bush fires, maybe? To go along with their Sega-themed echidna animation and movie tent pole basics, if not the hover-ring bush of Platform Oz? Maybe paleogenetics will unbury the bubble-gun pickups of the Ur-hover-ring bush.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Echidnas blow snot bubbles to stay cool in summer

Having read that, I could not help but imagine the voice of Linda from Bob’s Burgers saying, “Aaawwww, just like with people!”
( :arrow_up: Re-used this)

1 Like

i wonder if i can do some kind of ass kegels so i too can make poo cubes

2 Likes

I really need to release this one, if for no other reason than for the sake of posterity.

Seated next to me in the 1st grade was my seemingly forever-congested classmate, Alexander Desavages. Annoying sounds of chuffing and snuffling on my left was the norm. One day I happened to glance over at him at the moment he attempted to staunch yet another sneeze. From his right nostril emerged an alarmingly viscous, translucent pale green snot bubble, inflating to a diameter of about one inch and at which point I observed the details of its surface: Random twisted strands and tiny misshapen nodules, all dark green. As quickly as the bubble had emerged, it was drawn back in. Gone. I said nothing. The event duration lasted about one second, but the damage was done; I recall feeling very nauseous and disgusted. It was not summer, and the unfortunate event was not cool. Not cool at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.