Echo Dot for $40

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/12/echo-dot-for-40.html

2 Likes

Echo Dot link in the article is broken. Here it is for a penny less, $39.99.

1 Like

+1, these things are awesome. And plus there’s the interesting phenomenon of how everyone eventually yells at the thing to get it to do what they want, since using a bossy voice is more easily understood by robots. It keeps bringing up the ethical question in our house of, is there any reason to be nice to robots?

2 Likes

Since I assume Jeff Bezos is listening, I always thank Alexa when she answers a question. I wouldn’t want a rude word to delay my next delivery after all.

6 Likes

I preordered my Dots when @frauenfelder mentioned them going for $50 (I only got two … I don’t even have six rooms in my house, Amazon). I mostly use them to set timers when I’m cooking but they’re also great for music when I’m taking a bubble bath. I have a USB battery I plug one into and then carry it into the bathroom.

It’s silly but it’s also great because I don’t have to worry about getting suds on it if something terrible comes up on the station. That’s pretty much all I use them for and I still think it’s a good deal.

2 Likes

Super. Gonna get one and use it to order more dash buttons.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.