Economist removed from plane for Algebra, flight delayed 1.5 hours

Land of the Free? Nope.
Home of the Brave? Nope.

25 Likes

20 Likes

I just clicked the link to see what a “plana” is. This guy, maybe?

1 Like

Reminds me of this:

Frankly, I’m a bit surprised this hasn’t been going on a lot more.

4 Likes

Millions of schoolchildren just found the perfect excuse for not doing their maths homework.

18 Likes

Topologists travel by projective plane.

17 Likes

And physicists always make sure to get their Calabi–Yau manifolds checked every 3000 miles.

16 Likes
8 Likes

Looks like calculus to me.

3 Likes

In mathematical terms, a Lie group.

11 Likes

Trump’s skin tone proves the Ultraviolet Catastrophe is underway.

8 Likes

This is nothing new. During the Franco–Prussian War, the mathematician Sophus Lie was arrested on suspicion of being a Prussian spy because his notebooks were full of incomprehensible symbols.

20 Likes

It really is starting to be the most prescient tale of the future.

7 Likes

look the guy said he would fight back, against America, using algebra, so that is terrorism after all!

2 Likes

Better ban arabic numerals while we’re at it. Roman numerals will make us much more secure against terrorist attacks.

5 Likes

15 Likes

Abolish all numbers above 10! If God wanted us to count higher, she would have given us more fingers.

26 Likes

It was about his foreign brownness (and writin’ in foreign) that suggested to her that he was Muslim - it wasn’t about anything he was doing. That is, her accusation wasn’t that he was doing something dangerous - it was simply that he was Muslim. As a presumed Muslim, he was the boogeyman - i.e. inherently a threat, as far as she was concerned. (And had she been right - that he actually was a Muslim - that might have been enough to get him kicked off the plane, as it has in other cases.) That’s a whole other level of dangerous idiocy that’s become popular in America.

20 Likes

Or you could use your knuckles.

4 Likes

True, but do they truly ever reach their destination?

2 Likes