Eliminate your ancient USB flash drive with drag and drop file sharing

But that wouldn’t involve you giving these people money. For them, this is a problem.

1 Like

I have a Synology DS214play and it’s awesome. We picked it up on sale, so it was not too bad <$200. You buy drives separately, which was the more expensive part. It’s useful as home server for storage, I can SFTP from it remotely, run lightweight web apps, and it’s a media server that can send audio/video to the Chromecast hooked to my TV (we got the play model since it transcodes on the fly). It also has a very versatile BitTorrent client built in, not that I would know anything about that…

Obviously not the right time for you, but it’s cool, small, versatile, and has been really painless to use. You can ssh into it too to muck around with Linux if that’s your thing.

2 Likes

Yes. I didn’t know RapidShare and Hotfile are gone!!!

I still have a 16 MB USB flash drive! Is that 15 years old?

I have one not quite that old and it still gets used…

3 Likes

Same here. I might as wear it out to get rid of it for tiny files I need to copy.

I got a 16 Meg SD card that came with my camera. If I ever get a new camera, I could use it to take 1 photo with! :smiley:

4 Likes

Apparently, trust can be useful.

1 Like

Essential eh? I’ll add that to the list of words that mean nothing any more. Also add this to the list of scummy crap advertised on boingboing.

1 Like

[pours some beer on the ground in honor of Megaupload]

4 Likes

This needs one of those “As Seen On TV” infomercial videos, where someone struggles and flails about dramatically while trying and failing to drag and drop a file into their dropbox folder.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.