Elizabeth Warren's plan to denazify America

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/19/american-eichmanns.html

14 Likes

I thought we fought a war over this already [WWII], that’s what I learned in school…

19 Likes

A cheaper solution…

13 Likes

I’m glad she’s doing this, but it’s a shameful comment on American society that she has to.

24 Likes

Elizabeth Warren’s plan to denazify America

Is it to drive them off the end of an under-construction highway that suddenly and inexplicably sends them plummeting from thousands of feet in the air?

13 Likes

Why do I suspect this will cause huge controversy in certain Faux news organizations?

13 Likes

That’s going to need to be rephrased, or it’s just going to become fodder for the same groups it’s aimed against.

i.e. In choosing an approach, going with a Mr Rogers style be-nice-to-everyone branded curriculum is going to work better (and motivate fewer cranks) than white-nationalists-are-bad branded curriculum … even if it’s the same curriculum.

2 Likes

Yeah, well, the white supremacists lost the Civil War, and you see how that turned out.

13 Likes

Perhaps these groups will contact the ACLU and claim their rights are being trampled because of their deeply held beliefs in overthrowing the government and committing violence against minorities.

7 Likes

I’m going to say not so great, but far better than if they had won. Though who knows, alternate universe stuff and all, maybe in the long run there’s another reality where the Confederacy won, but in the long run things are better than here and now.

But until I see that universe, I’m still going to stick with things are better than if they had won.

3 Likes

Reconstruction ended after less than 12 years. And after that, it was as if the north had never won.

4 Likes

Warren - such a good mechanic. :+1:

1 Like

What does it mean for a person to be racialized?

Honestly. Do we really give two sh**s if it pisses them off? You can’t promote anti-racism without pissing off racist people.

I’m tired of playing nice with these people and frankly I think it’s hurt our efforts to put this issue to rest.

12 Likes

You know, since people started using that term, it rubbed me the wrong way.

And just now it clicked. It means, “Not White”, or at least, “Not white enough”.

Meaning, White is the default. White people are not “Racialized”.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the Potsdam Agreement failed to address the Nazis that lived within our own borders.

11 Likes

Yes, the butt hurt has lasted centuries now.

4 Likes

She has some good policy ideas once you get past the bad links in the boing-boing article and to the original

Common wisdom holds that the North won the war, but the South won the peace. Certainly seem to be itching for a rematch on both counts now. (Nazi and Confederate, that is)

12 Likes

After the war, the Allies designed a new Germany and partially denazified it, to ensure that it would be prosperous, stable, and unlikely to fall to naziism again. Unfortunately, they didn’t apply these same lessons to their own countries.

10 Likes