Ohio's Dissident Homeschool Network instructs 2,500 members on how to raise "wonderful Nazis"

Originally published at: Ohio's Dissident Homeschool Network instructs 2,500 members on how to raise "wonderful Nazis" | Boing Boing

12 Likes

The Daily Show did a bit on this at the end of the monologue… it’s the last few minutes…

16 Likes

I think we’ve seen this kind of schooling before.

24 Likes

there’s little to nothing anyone can do

(checks notes)
Killin’ Nazis ain’t illegal.

12 Likes

Maybe call CPS on them. Brainwashing is child abuse. Plus, from what history tells us about Nazi parenting, there’s likely a lot of physical abuse going on in these homes too.

28 Likes

Hey look! It’s emanating from Jim Jordon’s (R-Ohio) district.

29 Likes

Parody is dead…

8 Likes

A family tradition, in fact! It’s not hate, it’s heritage!

23 Likes

there’s little to nothing anyone can do to prevent homeschoolers from teaching whatever dangerous rhetoric and misinformation they want.

Bullshit.

The state sets the curriculum requirements for homeschooling. I don’t know about Ohio, but in MD the parents have to submit the curriculum, including the textbooks for that curriculum, and the students have to take regular tests to prove grade level learning achievement.

They can disallow this curriculum. It wouldn’t be too hard to require submission of receipts for purchase of curriculum materials, and grade level testing can be designed to cross check for materials (such as identifying who said which quote — a zero score result, but if the child got the quote right would lead to further testing and eventual disqualification that would require in-person evaluation to determine whether the disallowed curriculum was used.

Of course, there will always be a workaround for the most committed fascists, but for the fascist curious, this may be too much effort to be worthwhile.

Is this more work? Sure. But there is no amount of effort that is too much effort to stamp out the scourge of Nazism (and white supremacy of all flavors).

24 Likes

s/Illinois/Ohio/

28 Likes

On the other side of this, given Ohio’s current legislature, there’s little to nothing anyone will do. There’s a significant portion of the statehouse that is looking at Florida and thinking “hold my beer.”

Hell, they just recently added a bit naming natural gas as a green energy to a bill about poultry.

18 Likes

Most definitely. As with so many problems facing society, there are solutions, but not the political will to implement them.

5 Likes

The Nazi homeschool network offers instruction for all age levels, starting with pre-KKK.

27 Likes

Homeschool requirements vary from state to state. Maryland has stricter requirements than Ohio, where all parents have to do is file a yearly intent to homeschool, agree to provide 900 hours of instruction for the school year, and submit a yearly assessment that has enough options to easily show that your kid is meeting the requirements that you have set for the year.

Other states, like Alabama (where I live), have absolutely no requirements or standards for homeschooling. Zero.Nada.Zilch. Good times…

14 Likes

“wonderful Nazis”

Hey, I think we just found the perfect oxymoron!

8 Likes

fuck 'em and feed 'em to the fish.

23 Likes

Should I

31 Likes

… and yet if Ma and Pa were teaching lessons in Arabic with materials they got from ISIS, the authorities would suddenly remember a whole bunch of things they could do :roll_eyes:

27 Likes
9 Likes

In the name of reanimating and elevating The Master Race, bog knows what goes on in such households.

9 Likes