#Elsagate: a subreddit that's sleuthing out the weird videos of Youtube Kids

Wow, thats 18 minutes I could have better spent watching cat videos!

It does occur to me that the low hanging fruit - dissociative viewers with a tenuous grasp on reality - might find themselves snagged by this kind of a premise. If the hooked fish is a child, then there’s a long game to be played before they’re capable of causing enough trouble to be profitable. If a chronological adult, then no telling what further kind of malware could be used to deliver a payload.

The paranoid psychotronic interpretation of this stuff, makes the church of the subgenius seem downright wholesome by comparison!

Nice sleuthing! Hong Kong is a distinct possibility, but I don’t know these territories either.

But it’s true, stylish architecture clashes with cheap decor. Maybe the company rented the house and bought the furniture etc themselves?

But that would imply a not-too-small budget, which kind of contradicts the overall production values.

If you ask me, I would guess the company heads either share profits with an executive producer who can provide the big house or they actually live at the location, where the producer creates monetized content to afford the rent.
It seems like a clever independent filmmaking tactic to me if you’re one of those types who care too much about a flashy lifestyle.

Iff you call that “filmmaking”. But maybe the actors, director and producer etc. pursue other things too.

1 Like

I watched an episode of an HGTV-style real estate show straight off a satellite program produced in China, and it’s amazing what people will do to afford houses in places like Hong Kong or Shanghai.

Well based on my minor knowledge of the film industry of Hong Kong and Taiwan… ( I love kung fu films from the 70s and 80s ) Taiwan at least at one time was all “Copyright? Pfft whatever” when using music for it’s movies much more than Hong Kong.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.