A mysterious bot makes thousands of Youtube videos from random (?) blog posts

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/26/aggressively-chillingly-ahuman.html

5 Likes

I wonder if the creator even knows what the bot is doing? Maybe they set it up one day, and forgot about it?

3 Likes

When these mysterious video or image generators pop up, I often suspect that they are using steganography to conceal some sort of message. I don’t know how they could do it on youtube though, as youtube doubtlessly adds additional layers of compression to the audio and video no matter what format the original poster uploads.

15 Likes

Hexacorp Ltd. has now established a PR beachhead on Boing Boing. The virus is spreading…

6 Likes

Employees seem to like them.

From Indeed website

“Good place to work and slightly slow in Documentation transparent in process. Have good marketing team. Reliable people and good place to work and lean“

(lean?)

3 Likes

This is business-speak:

2 Likes

Though I could see how you might actually mean, “How does automatically generating countless no-views videos for no purpose create value for customers without uselessly wasting resources?”

I watched a few videos. Several of them close with the text “Let’s block ads (Why?)”

What do you all suppose that is about?

6 Likes

More horse_ebooks.

6 Likes

I dunno. I doubt the Creator would need to rely on human information systems to prototype His next Project.

1 Like

Clearly these are Skynet’s first baby steps into consciousness.

6 Likes

That is pretty bizarre, but seems like probably just someone trying out an idea and practicing their code. More annoying to me are videos of animals that are just still images with text over them. My daughter and I tried to look up a lesser fairy armadillo this morning, and the top ten results were all this kind of video, half of them being a copy of the same one. Youtube ought to have a way to filter out shitty pan and scan vids when you really want to see an animal scooting around.

11 Likes

There are quite a few people with monitized channels where they mine reddit posts. (/r/entitled parents, etc.)

I guess this is the next step.

5 Likes

good place to work and lean

Could be a verb…

Edit: I was thinking as in “lean in” but also recalling Ray Kroc’s slogan If you’ve got time to lean, you’ve got time to clean.

I would think it was a typo from “learn” but I guess it is extremely unlikely that sentence was typed.

5 Likes

Maybe a spy device?

7 Likes

I was going to say the same thing, but I wonder about the zero views. Then again, it’s entirely possible to convey information by posting videos despite the content of the video being irrelevant.

10 Likes

Oh, I see, yeah, could have intended “good place to work and learn”. I had read it as, “a good place to work, also lean in its operations”.

2 Likes

“slightly slow in Documentation”?!

And I think they meant [NOT] “transparent in process…”

8 Likes