Everyone in this video is AI generated

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/20/everyone-in-this-video-is-ai-generated.html

3 Likes

I’m Spartacus or we are Devo, I can’t decide.

4 Likes

Notable (perhaps) that none of these video-lets shows us any hands and the number of fingers therein.

long long ago there was a TV show called “The Invaders”, sort’ve an extended “Body Snatchers” genre, where the test of humanity was to see their fingers. they always had a distorted fourth finger. then later it was mucked-up hands which revealed a robot from a human in the original “West World”. How odd that it might end up being the fingers which tell all

14 Likes

They are obviously fake because of the incredibly bland backgrounds, which don’t feature any photos, paintings, books, or other objects which AIs invariably flounder on simulating without gross errors.

Simple rule, don’t trust a video which doesn’t have some complex images and text in it.

2 Likes

That many people smiling on a webcam call has got to be fake.

14 Likes

most content on the internet will eventually become AI generated

Can we please not do this? And please, for the love of reality, can we stop posting this shit like it’s a good thing?

18 Likes

100% with you!

Unfortunately, when higher education is running towards the AI bandwagon with arms wide open, .what can be done by the lay person?
Tech companies and higher ed are partly to blame for the sustained codling of this phenomena, b/c there’s gold in them there heels.

Maybe wait out the bubble. :person_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

FakeGirl207

Somebody somewhere is asking for phone numbers right now.

2 Likes

I was more talking about Mark and a few other posters here on BB that seem to think all this is great.

5 Likes

The 2024 Election Cycle: when Artificial Intelligence meets Genuine Stupidity. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Starring Roy Thinnes as, Architect, David Vincent; he has witnessed the Invaders at work, and must stop their plans to befoul the Earth with McMansions.

4 Likes

That’s where the expression " fingering the culprit" comes from. :wink:

5 Likes

Hate to break it to you but certain government agencies have been strolling down this path for a while now.

1 Like

I can count on one hand the 6 or 7 of times I suspected I may be AI generated.

11 Likes

Complete Stupidity 2024.

3 Likes

The Rush album that never was.

4 Likes

Smbc Profile

Always check the hands to be sure.

7 Likes

Eventually, the appearance of real people will be so disgusting to us that we’ll all turn to seven-fingered Real Dolls for companionship.

6 Likes

Well, he failed.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s impossible to undo at this point, much of the data powering these models is now public and can run on consumer hardware.

I’m sure we’ll see more regulation around it and how generated content is used, but at this point stopping it completely would be a task akin to stopping piracy.

1 Like