Emily Post's great-great grandchildren bring her book on etiquette up to today's more inclusive standards

Originally published at: Emily Post's great-great grandchildren bring her book on etiquette up to today's more inclusive standards | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Is the most poignant sage advise “don’t poo where you eat” in there, it should be.

2 Likes

Good stuff. I still mail handwritten thank you notes every chance I get. It’s something my mom pretty much beat into me growing up. If you have a kid that doesn’t like to send thank you notes, here’s a tip that worked for me. Get them some cool, personalized note cards from a website like Minted or some other custom paper seller. It creates an incentive to write a note.

10 Likes

Someone just boldly walked into the dangerous realm that lies between Zeerust and ‘Obsolete before the ink was dry’…

I wish stuff like this would be taught in school or something.
I’ve been in so many situations where, I’m pretty sure people are trying their best, but they just make things so much worse because they don’t know how to act. I’m thinking specifically of times I’ve lost loved ones.
Not saying everyone would need to follow the rules of etiquette, but it would be nice for everyone to have the option.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.