End of the British monarchy, FBI’s Epstein cover-up, and Mary Poppins’ orgy, in this week’s dubious tabloids

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/05/end-of-the-british-monarchy-f.html

The British Royal Family is a blank canvas on which the tabloids feel free to paint whatever sordid soap operatic scandals they care to invent.

1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes

(though a spoonful of sugar might help Mary Poppins go down.)

tumblr_nrjgeijN3B1tjr426o1_250

Do not diss the Poppins.

4 Likes

End of the British monarchy,

Eh, don’t care.

FBI’s Epstein cover-up

We’ll never get the truth on this one. Moving on.

and Mary Poppins’ orgy

Now we’re talking! Bring on the salaciousness!

Oh, uh, I mean, shame on you people! Mary Poppins is practically perfect in every way!

1 Like

It was just a typo…

4 Likes

Booty Poppin is another common typo.

3 Likes

I’ve given up on saying “What’s wrong with you people?” in here; the list is too long…

4 Likes

It’s why you love us so much though.

4 Likes

meh_emma_stone

4 Likes

I used to think a monarchy was a stupid and outdated way to choose a head of state but then the 2016 election happened and I realized my country is in no position to judge.

At this point I’m leaning toward choosing world leaders via close-quarters combat atop a waterfall like the system they have in Wakanda.

5 Likes

Why don’t we split the difference, and go with the iron cage combat in “Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome”? You don’t get any more definite than “two men enter, one man leaves.”

3 Likes

Welcome President Hillary!

1 Like

That was more of a way to resolve civil disputes than a system for appointing leaders. The head of Thunderdome’s executive branch was determined by who had the best hairstyle.

2 Likes

A fair point to which I grudgingly concede. I guess the apocalypse left a lot of hairspray behind.

2 Likes

The ozone hole in that timeline turned the planet into an endless desert ruled by fire and blood but it did produce some fantastic music videos.

3 Likes

giphy-8

Hey Donny, how many deals you broken…?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.