Enjoy the outdoors this summer with these insect and mosquito repellents

Originally published at: Enjoy the outdoors this summer with these insect and mosquito repellents | Boing Boing

the In2Care mosquito trap is the only mosquito deterrent I’ve found to work in my yard. We had one of those mechnaical mosquito traps before, and it caught thousands of mosquitos. Problem was that we had tens of thousands of mosquitos. We deployed the In2Care traps last year and saw an immediate decline in mosquitos around our home.

The In2Care trap works by not trapping mosquitos at all. Instead it taints them with poison to kill their eggs, and then lets them leave to poison all of the egg-laying sites in your yard. THEN it kills the mosquito. It uses their own nature against them.

The In2Care Mosquito Trap lures and contaminates Aedes mosquitoes with a special slow-killing larvicide and let them spread this to other breeding sites (which are often hard to find and treat) so that mosquito larvae are not only killed inside the trap but also in its vicinity. This is combined with a biological adulticide that kills the contaminated mosquito after a few days to prevent her from transmitting any viruses like Dengue or Zika virus. In this way, the product kills the mosquitoes and their offspring, so that populations are reduced and disease transmission risks are lowered significantly.

5 Likes

Yes!!!
but where can one get them?
Should I expect PestWeb to become available soon? Any alternate source?
Thanks!!!

2 Likes

You have to get them through a exterminator, or an exterminator supply willing to sell them to you. I believe the web site for In2Care has a “where to get them” page with zip-code search.

Exterminators will typically want to do the install themselves, but we found one happy to just sell me the supplies. There are videos on line about how to set them up - its not hard.

Once caution - curious raccoons in our yard like to mess with them - they wet the mesh and spoil the trap. They can burn through your seasons supplies in a week.

1 Like

Ah, nothing like BB store stackcommerce woo…

2 Likes

here’s the short version:

None Work

The American Mosquito Control Association says 10 scientific studies of different ultrasonic mosquito repellent devices conducted since 1998 showed none of them had any effect on mosquito behavior. “The fact is that these devices just do not work – marketing claims to the contrary,” said the AMCA.

1 Like

I just checked and I see the trap and supplies listed on Pestweb:

https://pestweb.com/search?q=in2care

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.