Enjoy this first-person video of a coaster run in Switzerland

Originally published at: Enjoy this first-person video of a coaster run in Switzerland | Boing Boing

4 Likes

That looked wonderfully fun. Fast enough without feeling like it was scary fast, and all that beautiful scenery to enjoy.

4 Likes

For the modern, busy professional who doesn’t have time for the “10 hour trainride across Switzerland” YT genre…

That’s not a coaster, it’s a Sommerrodelbahn, or alpine slide.

There are two main types: an Alpine coaster or mountain coaster is a type of roller coasterwhere the sled runs on rails and is not able to leave the track, whereas with an Alpine slide the sled simply runs on a smooth concave track usually made of metal, concrete or fiberglass. Both of these types of ride are sometimes denoted with the German name Sommerrodelbahn .

3 Likes

Why are these otherwise neat videos so often posted with a soundtrack? I just want to hear the sounds of the slide and the surroundings.p, not some swelling strings! And I wonder why they needed so many signs saying “no selfies!”.

1 Like

Every time I go on one of thee things I get stuck behind somebody riding the brake the whole way down.

2 Likes

Too many dropped phones and demands to retrieve same? Plus, maybe they require people to keep both hands on the handle?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.