Enjoy this rather weird social distancing flipbook animation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/26/enjoy-this-rather-weird-social.html

9 Likes

I love you too!

6 Likes

Vaguely creepy, but also brilliant :mask:

5 Likes

Creepy and adorable at the same time. That’s a tough balance to strike.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Kudos to The Flippist for fully crediting the artists who inspired this in the last-page credits.

8 Likes

yeah…and in this case, it looks like they should really get ALL the credit.

They made the Flip Book?

3 Likes

I like the flipbook artistry in general, but the creepy flirting bit at the end of these vids always puts me off.

5 Likes

Seconded.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was watching it, thinking, “What’s weird about th-… oh. Ew. Okay, yeah, it got, uh, weird. I think I’ll just stop it now.”

5 Likes

6 Likes

Hawkward - Hawkeye, Avengers, Marvel

2 Likes

Yoink.

2 Likes

No, but if I took half a Led Zeppelin song and added the coda from Layla, and played it on kid’s toy instruments, if it went viral I don’t think I’d deserve too much credit for its creation.

In this case, his depiction of the source material is wayyyy too exact. The match does the exact same thing and the “look at my butt” part is way less interesting in this context. Both of the originals are pretty genius, imo, and I’d never seen them before, so kudos to him for making a flip-book of two cool things and thereby introducing me to them.

At least I know never to offer you a cover of a song.

1 Like

Saw “Hi, Stranger” on this Hulu/FX show called Cake. That show is full of delightfully weird short content. Reminds me of the animation festival movies that used to come to theaters. It helps distract my mind these days, and I’m so glad I found it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.