Enormous-text embroidery tips website disappears in update

Originally published at: Enormous-text embroidery tips website disappears in update | Boing Boing

9 Likes

It pretty well captures the growing anxiety of taking up a new hobby and slowly having revealed to you the sheer volume, depth, weight and obscurity of the previous unknown unknowns hidden therein.

18 Likes

Wow. To me, it feels less like shouting and more like someone getting right up in your face.

In Your Face Hello GIF

9 Likes

THIS is why I got a 4k monitor for my desktop.

12 Likes

We’ve all been there…

10 Likes

zoom out and you can get the Star Wars scroll effect

or maybe you just want to fix it with some CSS
h3 {font-size: 1rem !important;}

11 Likes

A long, long time ago, in a cookie tin far, far away…

9 Likes

I had no idea that the helvetica period is just a square.

4 Likes

Pug - nacious!

1 Like

It’s not Helvetica, it’s Arial, the typeface with a sloping top on just one character for no good reason, among other failings.

3 Likes

3 Likes

This has me giggling uncontrollably - haven’t seen it before!

The final line on the weirdest opticians chart ever has this:

Followed way down at the bottom with:

Clearly no-one ever did…

3 Likes

Golden State Warriors Lol GIF by NBA

1 Like

A web page with malformed HTML is… OK I guess… but when I saw the headline I assumed it was about an instructional page with giant text so you could follow along without being sat right in front of your device. Which would be a good idea (at least if you could scroll the text with a voice command or gesture).

I had no idea about the history of the site. I checked the site in the beginning of September because I was looking for supplies and it looked totally normal then. So the change isn’t too recent.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.