Enshittification: The Thread

Mine does, too… though it’s netflix, disney plus, sling, and hulu… but sometimes, I’ll hit a weird combo of buttons (that doesn’t include the hulu button) accidentally, and it’ll take me to hulu… it’s really weird…

3 Likes
2 Likes

An update:

PlayStation users will be able to enjoy their shows for at least 30 more months. But still not indefinitely.

6 Likes

When you’re not paying for the product, you are the… oh. :thinking:

Sesame Street Idk GIF

3 Likes

They may have rolled it back, but they’ve already sent the message that they can take away whatever content you own that they want, any time. The only reliable digital venue for this stuff any more is piracy.

5 Likes

Sony seems to make that clear periodically. PT was just a free demo released years ago, and it was not only removed from the digital storefront but completely removed from people’s consoles with a system update that followed.

3 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes
1 Like

Glad I disabled auto-renew.

2 Likes

ETA: sounds like they didn’t understand certificates. It shouldn’t matter if the certificate has expired, as long as the encryption date was before the expiration. I’ve seen the same mistake in a few places.

1 Like

Movie projectors now have DRM that lock things down to the moment the show is supposed to air until ten to fifteen minutes after the show is supposed to end. The certificates to do this are oftentimes only available an hour or two before showtime, so if the service goes down or an account gets locked out or something from the authentication server, the theater simply can’t show movies.

By the time they get this through the OEM pipeline the bubble will have burst.

Or Microsoft will have burnt the sky pursuing stupid “AI” for everything and we’ll mostly be dead.

2 Likes

6 Likes

All this AI shit on the BBS is some USDA Prime enshittification if you ask me.

6 Likes

I Mean Come On GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

3 Likes

Clippy is only the harbinger of Microsoft Bob.

Microsoft-Bob

2 Likes
2 Likes

One of the comments that really speaks to me.

Apropos of nothing, has anyone else noticed how affordable spring-loaded center punches are these days?

2 Likes