Enthusiasm for teaser to The Munsters movie turns to horror after the first trailer is released

It’s been confirmed that Ms. Peterson is NOT playing Elvira in this.

2 Likes

She’s playing a real estate agent.

5 Likes

Yeah, Daniel Roebuck is OK as Grandpa, but Ted Cruz would have been spot on.

4 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

No fun stuff for fascists, ever.

11 Likes

The original Grandpa would have hated Ted Cruz.

19 Likes

The only place I want to see Ted Cruz is out of congress and in jail.

Also… go Grandpa Munster!

the munsters tv horror GIF by absurdnoise

11 Likes

I was totally kidding. For some reason Ted has always looked just like Grandpa Munster to me. Partly the widow’s peak, partly the nose, partly being undead.

4 Likes

I think your spelling is brilliant, and corroborated by lectroid.

(that was me taking a risk there (didn’t check corroborated))

3 Likes

Probably - it just always looks weird to me, and I don’t really associate it with television (except maybe a vague association with daytime soap operas).

Which is why my response to hearing he was doing this movie was, “LOLWUT?” I assumed he was interested in remaking the Munsters in the style of his films, which - as a non-watcher, at least - all seem pretty consistent in what they are. (This seemed a possibility after the Bryan Fuller aborted tv remake with Eddie Izzard, which was certainly… edgier.) The incongruity was enough to make me pay some attention to the project, making the trailer remarkable only for being completely unremarkable.

1 Like

People might also be thinking of the 60 fps of raw video in the U.S., which might have been the standard for old soap operas (i.e. half an interlaced frame 60 times per second, live or on tape, without going through a film step)

That’s a big, noticeable difference

I’ve also seen interpolation called “sports mode”

2 Likes

I actually disliked every one of his movies I’ve seen, but this looks pretty good. Campy as it’s supposed to be. The colour is glorious. The video effect mentioned above? Eeeeeeeeeee

Put me down for pass.

But I’m not a fan of any remakes of tv shows from any era.

I don’t mind reunions if some of the players are still with us, but complete do overs, or remakes, or reimagining don’t do a thing for me.

Maybe it is somethingone that he ate?

1 Like

Some folks are put off by the facial hair but to be fair the original Bram Stoker novel did explicitly describe Dracula as having curly hair and a large mustache.

3 Likes

I’m glad to see that both Butch Patrick and Pat Priest are evidently going to appear in some capacity.

2 Likes

I loved the Munsters when they originally aired. This trailer was wonderful and gave me goosebumps. Yes, on my old, wrinkled arm.

2 Likes

Preach.

While the video look is really horrible here just the frame rate won’t help the fact the audio is horrible. Sounds like they were using a cheap camcorder from the 90s.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.