Epoch Times financial officer, affiliated with Shen Yun, charged with laundering $67M

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/11/epoch-times-financial-officer-affiliated-with-shen-yun-charged-with-laundering-67m.html

6 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

12 Likes
7 Likes

Back when I worked in San Francisco, the number of billboards for this I saw on the way to work, the number of people handing out fliers… the absolutely enormous amounts of money involved in promoting the thing were obvious. When I found out it was connected to Falun Gong, it made a lot of sense. Still, if they put half as much money into the show as they do on advertising, I bet it’d be amazing! (They probably don’t, though…)

6 Likes

Just looking at that logo.

3 Likes

As befitting a right-wing cult, everything about both Epoch Times and Shen Yuk is a big bait-and-switch scam. I wouldn’t expect anything else of the outfit’s leadership than lots of fraud.

6 Likes

I remember a few years ago, Epoch Times was sending out free issues in the mail to everyone. I knew who they were, so mine went straight in the trash. I didn’t know Falun Gong was also behind Shen Yun. I never had any interest in going to see that, but I’m glad I never did anyway.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.