Errors, post obliteration

Thanks!

1 Like

If the pipe’s clogged, I don’t think you can fix it by flushing the handle up and down like that.

6 Likes

It’s gone (post #173) now, so I guess he figured it out because no more hulu pop up. Yea!

That’s what floored me, my post did appear in the topic - that’s why I thought it was safe to hit cancel. But doing so both caused the reply form to close, and my post in the topic was deleted also! Definitely weird behavior.

EDIT: It’s happening to me again now, with this post! Twice I have apparently posted it, only to have it reappear in the reply box, with a “network error” message in place of the topic. If the scripts show me my message as posted in the browser before the server gets it seems awkward, if there are network troubles.

Maybe we’re talking about different things, but he’s still got the embed on post #193 that I was talking about.

2 Likes

Ah, maybe it was 193 because what I saw looks like that.

Anyway, hulu isn’t popping up any more.

[quote=“codinghorror, post:13, topic:80653”] we were dealing with some DDoS
[/quote]

Thank you.

3 Likes

This has happened to me at least once.

Not recently. A while ago. Like months.

I just added this treatment to in progress saving of posts:

While stuff is saving it is super opaque so it is clear it is not on the server quite yet.

Will be deployed here in the next few days.

5 Likes

Also, on top of that, we did set up some better DDoS mitigation as well with our colocation provider.

(It is kind of disturbing how effective NTP amplification attacks can be, though. Very disturbing. I hope infrastructure gets patched.)

1 Like

Yeah. Public facing NTP servers really shouldn’t respond to monlist.

This topic was automatically closed after 234 days. New replies are no longer allowed.