Escape from New York, again

Not enough Manic Panic mohawks or motorcycle jackets in that scenario.

1 Like

So, did the movie live up to your vision for it?

Also, the Knights of Cydonia video is just about the most excellent music video ever made. TIL Iā€™m not Museā€™s oldest fan. :wink:

Until a week ago, I didnā€™t even know theyā€™d finished it. They showed me a short ~30-minute version of it a couple years ago (and borrowed my '68 F250 as one of the bad-guy vehicles for a desert chase scene), and that was utterly amazing and exactly what Iā€™d hoped it would be. But then I fell out of touch. I reconnected at a mutual friendā€™s memorial service last week, and as we dried our tears they told me theyā€™d finished it.

I havenā€™t seen all of the finished film (my 5-year-old came downstairs after having a nightmare when I was 20 minutes into the movie, so I had to stop watching, and so I intend to try again tonight once the kids are in bed), but what Iā€™ve seen so far lives up to the short filmā€™s promise.

Yes, it is. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever heard another Muse song, but that particular song kicks ass, and the video is flawless. Sublime.

2 Likes

Gods! With all of the movies that could be made, that have never been made, why all of these reboots? How about doing Little Brother and Homeland or Makersā€¦

2 Likes

You have seen the trailer for Samuel L. Jacksonā€™s next movie, havenā€™t you?

Produced and directed by the people who did ā€œRare Exportsā€ so it should be really fun.

1 Like

Muse are excellent live, seen them three times. Yeah, theyā€™re a bit reminiscent of early Radiohead, and their last couple of albums havenā€™t been as good, but still a big fan. They put on a really good show.

I will see that in the theater!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.