Eugene Levy steps out of his comfort zone in The Reluctant Traveler

Originally published at: Eugene Levy steps out of his comfort zone in The Reluctant Traveler | Boing Boing

4 Likes

My greatest hope is that we’ll see little flashes of Bittman from time to time. A little Dithers wouldn’t hurt either.

4 Likes

I really like Eugene’s late career revival and his “straight man” routine. Plus those eyebrows just plain work for him. Looks like a fun show, hope to catch it.

16 Likes

Eugene Levy Shrug GIF by Vanity Fair

13 Likes

Hometown hero for me. Been a fan since the '70s. I love that his career keeps getting bigger.

7 Likes

A companion piece to “The Agoraphobic Cowboy” by Levy’s SCTV co-star Rick Moranis?

2 Likes

Costa Rica?! Did you drove or did you flew?

3 Likes

I agree. It’s the single best thing to come out of the American Pie franchise.

ETA: Well, his revival AND Jennifer Coolidge.

5 Likes

Hard to beat An Idiot Abroad, especially the first season. Or Jack Whitehall’s Travels with my father, also the first season.

My wife travels pretty much exactly as Karl does, despite growing up in a rural area. She moved to the city and never wants to see an animal larger than a squirrel again.

4 Likes

My favourite Levy SCTV bit;

10 Likes

Yes! Good to see that one again.

Sexy dogfood!!

And it’s true, i do have trouble thinking of an SCTV skit that I remember even more fondly.

5 Likes

Palin envy?

1 Like

Reminds me of “The World According to Jeff Goldblum”, which follows good ol’ Jeff bumbling adorably around (but more related to various human activities than The Great Outdoors)

2 Likes

Richard Ayoade has entered the chat

All great, but I can’t wait to see Eugene Levy’s take on the reluctant traveller.

6 Likes

“Idiot Abroad” was hilarious. This new show has much potential. I hope ‘they’ don’t take to long to bootleg it.

I like extremely right-wing Joe Lycett, but nobody can beat Richard Ayoade in Travel Man. His reluctance to do… anything combined with the on point writing and delivery were just perfect

2 Likes
1 Like

Well deserved. He’s always been great, but he keeps somehow getting better and better.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.