Eulagisca Gigantea is as big as a squirrel and looks like an Evil Alien Christmas Ornament

All mushrooms are edible. Some are only edible once.

9 Likes

I still maintain that there could be no alien life in the galaxy that’s weirder than what we already have in the oceans

3 Likes

Remind me to decline an invitation to your place for dinner.

4 Likes

Sexy Polynoid-Worm Costume.

1 Like

“Ma freedums!”

2 Likes

About the same size a squirrel, if you consider only the length of smaller squirrels and totally disregard their huge-ass tails.

Common name: Golden Snitch

2 Likes

‘As Australian Geographic magazine’

International law requires all forms of horrific nature to have an Australian component.

6 Likes

Sounds like a job for Uncle Rico.

napoleon dynamite thinking GIF

Paging @LutherBlisset

The doc already covered italicized, and more.

Respect the codes, lads. Respect. The. Codes.

ETA:

3 Likes

At least those worms usually remain in the sand. I have heard stories of people cleaning their tanks and finding a worm they had no idea as in there.

I envy you. I always wanted to learn to dive. I have done some snorkeling in the Gulf of Mexico and that was fun. I got to see some interesting critters. I am not a good swimmer, and my left leg is now mostly dead weight, so… I dunno. Probably not the hobby for me. But I still love all the weird stuff in the ocean.

1 Like

You can still learn to dive if it interests you. There are great instructors who work with folks that have limited mobility, so your leg doesn’t need to be an anchor.

There are tons of drift dives where you basically just glide with the current over miles of reefs, and you can drop down behind coral to stay in place and see critters. Almost no swimming needed at all. Once you master breathing your position in the water column (it’s a cool skill that changes how you navigate) and if you have fins that are stiffer/wider (like Jet Fins) then you can spin around with the tip of a fin, and direct yourself pretty easily around anything. Noted (now retired) cave diver Bill Rennecker used to teach every student to fin with one leg, due to an incident where a cave-in forced him leave a fin behind. It can be done!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.