Europol warns us not top be suckered into serving as "money mules"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/29/key-search-under-streetlamp.html

2 Likes

They’re talking about opening Wells Fargo checking accounts, right? Or is it securitized mortgages, it’s mortagages, right? In either case, a day late and a dollar short “Europol”

ETA: oh wait, never mind, you said the person involved actually gets some kind of benefit from the scheme. my bad.

4 Likes

isnt this every Nigerian scam letter?

My uncle the prince needs to transfer one million dollars -----

3 Likes

tenor

1 Like

I wonder what they’re charged with? Money laundering, I guess, on a micro scale? I would bet they’re only arrested to get to the guys at the top.

illegal emigrants

Since the Berlin Wall came down, is there anywhere it’s illegal to emigrate? North Korea, I suppose.

1 Like

Maria, full of cash.

Yeah, that’s the trouble, right? How do these people know they’re laundering money if they’ve been led to believe that these transfers are part of a business?

This sounds unethical to me.

Police? Unethical? Impossible!

1 Like

Typically, ignorance of a crime is not a defense. It may be a mitigating circumstance, but still.

the poors are supposed to be money noseeums, not mules…

soooo…they busted a bunch of small time mules, meanwhile the rich and corporations listed in the panama and paradise papers and guilty of exponentially greater crimes, walk free. equal justice for all, i think not… sighs

1 Like

mule

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.