Eviction lawyer has worst "I found my calling story" ever, in NYTimes

As a boy, Bradley Scott Silverbush had a knack for breaking up schoolyard fights in his hometown, Syracuse. His strategy was simple: Collect $1 from the child who was about to be pummeled and split his winnings with the bully to end the dispute.

From these grade-school negotiations Mr. Silverbush acquired some valuable information. “I knew from second grade that I wanted to be a lawyer,” he said.

This guy is proud that he enabled a bully to shakedown a victim for a cut of the loot. Who knew there was a lawyer honest about what he does? My wife said he probably encouraged the bullies to get more dealflow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/realestate/landlords-seeking-eviction-call-bradley-silverbush.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Frealestate&action=click&contentCollection=realestate&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

12 Likes

CWaA  

3 Likes

I’m confident fate will find its way to someone who dies 140 mph outside the track. Let’s just hope he doesn’t take someone with him.

1 Like

I wonder who he voted for?

1 Like

Oh, he probably didn’t. I mean, support both sides equally, you know, landlords and rent laws!

1 Like

If I were that bully, I’d beat both of them down for insulting me, and then take the rest of their money.

Maybe I should become a police officer…

2 Likes

That typo is just too good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.