Ex-CIA chief Michael Hayden would like you to know that he is not a crook or a liar

The quote is imaginary, and was intended as parody. As you say, it is ‘over the top’, and my intent was that the sheer absurdity would tip readers off to the fact that it was a joke. I should probably have remembered that these days absurdity is not a reliable clue as to whether something is real or not. Apologies.

3 Likes

As per the Supreme Court torture is forbidden under the Eighth Amendment.

Torture committed outside the United States by a U.S. national is punishable under 18 U.S.C. § 2340.

The argument that we need to break the law in order to get information is disgusting and supporting such idea should have gotten Hayden tossed in jail for violation of both his oath and US law.

1 Like

What? Apologize for this?

Brilliant!

Isn’t this the same guy that said he ran interference for Cheney to allow the CIA to wiretap everyone? I guess he lied about that too?

“When the President does it, that means that it is not illegal.”

I consider myself to usually be pretty tuned-in to sarcastic satire & have been known to employ the same myself. If I ever question the interpretive abilities of others, at the end I’ll typically include a simple : \

And you’re correct; as society devolves to the point where what is “reasonably” realistic & believable mutates toward that which would once be considered a preposterous dystopian surreality, well … distinguishing between the two becomes evermore problematic.

Or maybe I’m just naively optimistic. Maybe every man, woman & child in the U.S. really should be viewed 1st & foremost as a legitimate terrorist threat, determined to & capable of unleashing horrifically unconscionable acts upon “the homeland”.

Perhaps it’s only in post-paranoia that we then are deserving of consideration as, you know, humans or something. Who knows, maybe we could even be seen as “citizens” endowed with a litany of unalienable rights.

: \

The committee certainly has given us a one-sided study - one that allowed the CIA to redact and whitewash large parts of it, instead of telling the public the depths of what they’d done.

Fuck me, there are actually 8 of the Endless?

Dream, Death, Delirium, Destruction, Desire, Despair, Destiny, and Disingenuity?

You learn something new every day.

4 Likes

You were being facetious, but during his 60 Minutes interview, Hayden did display a massive “poker tell”: his left eye would periodically wince like Herbert Lom in The Pink Panther. All that was needed to complete the picture was flop sweat on his upper lip and underarms.

1 Like

Sitting down here on the other side of an ocean, wondering when The Revolution actually gonna happen? :smirk:

Seriously, this isn’t the first time the US has pulled some seriously bad shit on the rest of the world and it’s unlikely to be the last. But instead of anything useful happening it’ll be “Whoops, we’re a little bit sorry but we’re just so awesome and better than you that you’re all going to put up with it …” :angry:

The world is losing patience and the American Century is in its dying days. The time remaining for you to fix this is limited. You don’t want to be the citizen of a pariah state when her time as a global superpower is over …

Just ask any Russian citizen… :expressionless:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.