Exclusive excerpt from new Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas graphic novel

[Read the post]

1 Like

Want…

3 Likes

I wish the project luck but feel for Little. When it comes to visual representations of HST’s work it’s pretty darn difficult to get out from under Ralph Steadman’s shadow.

4 Likes

The interior pages look great, but I hope that cover image is just a placeholder for now since that is literally the most boring type treatment possible, which for a story that’s got such a legacy of title design, it’s incredibly disapointing.

1 Like

A Hell’s Angels graphic novel would be great, I believe. And I think Terry Gilliam and Johnny Depp should adapt Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 for the cinema, if only to encourage more people to read that book. Though I doubt many people read The Rum Diary when its film adaptation was released.

2 Likes

I’m currently writing a re-imagining of the original Fear & Loathing text for today’s younger generation: It’s about two trust-fund bros who go to Vegas to get hammered and abuse the waitstaff.

I kid.

I truly despised the movie. You see, what makes the book entertaining is Hunter Thompson’s internal dialogue. You know what makes just about any movie worse? Internal dialogue – it comes off as condescending exposition. The book’s strength is the movie’s Kryptonite. So, minus the context for the story to even exist, the movie is about two trust-fund bros who go to Vegas to get hammered and abuse the waitstaff.

I can get behind a graphic novel: Hunter’s voice is preserved.

1 Like

The natural input into Deep Dream

3 Likes

Wow, this is terrific, should be a video game next.

I think Stephen Gammell could have blown this out of the water.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.