EXCLUSIVE: Photo gallery of Ferguson demonstrators in NYC

I think you mean one leans “what the fuck”… I’d suggest finding other sources of news other than Fox or CNN, and not MSNBC… I don’t know, read a newspaper, or read the Guardian or the Times of London online? Try NPR, BBC, or Al-Jazeera America? there are any number of great news outlets out there which are far more informative and have much better opinion pieces that actually do a better job of balancing the sides (when there are sides). But, you really should get away from those two heaps of trash and lies… for your own sake, actually!

8 Likes

I suppose it must seem that way if your only basis for comparison is FOX.

13 Likes

Ha. CNN sometimes leans left, sometimes right, mostly corporate. As a conspicuous example, if you thought they represented the spread of American views, you’d have to conclude that for instance left and right were united behind Bush’s invasion of Iraq. There were more views than that.

Meanwhile Fox News goes well beyond bias; they lean toward outright making things up. Studies have shown that people who watch Fox News are on average less informed than people who don’t watch anything at all. Enjoy it if you must, but don’t think for a second that you can simply temper it with CNN to get a sensible picture.

Mindysan33 is right: if you want a decent picture, find some other news sources.

9 Likes

[quote=“Kevin_Harrelson, post:17, topic:46958”]
And as to your comment about Fox News, yes I follow them. I also follow CNN. One leans right, one leans left. I figure the truth is somewhere in between. It is the height of ignorance and folly to only follow one side of the story.
[/quote]These are not sports teams, these are entertainment outlets disguising rampant ill-researched editorials as journalism. There is no “CNN side” or “Fox News side” they are both pandering to get advertising dollars by generally stirring up shit without good reason too.

Same goes for political leanings. You are treating them like you have to align yourself with one or the other and follow that opinion. It’s disgusting the amount of “left vs right” is bandied about in this country when both are just as self-interested and vapid as the other.

This story doesn’t have multiple sides to it at it’s core. An unarmed man was gunned down by a police officer under questionable circumstances only to have the system he is a cog in obfuscate the evidence and delay until public unrest forced the federal government to pressure a city governance to act. The levels at which this is a failure of justice continues to grow with each step; evidence collection was poor, the medical examination was questionable, the prosecution’s presentation to the grand jury shoddy, the overreaction to protesting was nearing satire, and the PR game was laughable. The story goes so far beyond whether due process was followed or whether there is a strong enough case to convict the officer involved no matter what “side” of the story you read that you are speaking to a sense of justice that no one else is asking for. What people want is the ugly flaws of the justice system picked apart, and the even uglier flaws in the justice system’s self governing exposed. That is the justice they seek for Mike Brown. Not a personal vendetta against some cracker.

8 Likes

That’s a great principle for a legal system, but it works because it’s presumed some effort would be made to find people guilty. The two parts balance each other. The track record for convicting police officers suggests there’s no such balance for them.

Whether or not the facts might ultimately be exonerating in this case, there is still the serious problem that the handling shows at best a half-hearted effort, now not even going to a trial where innocence would be considered. The whole world can tell the authorities never cared to charge Wilson or figure out about Brown’s death in the first place. In that sense, it is a perfect example of how unfair the system is.

3 Likes

We already explained this to you, repeatedly. Either make an effort to read and understand, or stop shitting up the comment threads with mindless blathering.

There be dragons here, after all.

2 Likes

This is a good image because they’re both leaning to the right.

4 Likes

Amen. Many people seem to have trouble grasping the notion that this case is about much more than this particular cop and this particular unarmed civilian, not to detract from the seriousness of what happened that night.

1 Like

No one thinks CNN is unbiased. The are loyal to dumb corporate marketing and other bullshit, not to the news. That sort of counts as non-partisan, but not unbiased. And no, you are not driving trollies, I really think you are unable to see that CNN is known for its tepid, unidiological idiocy. Unlike Fox, they don’t have a particular ideological bent beyond the fact that it isn’t relentlessly bigoted and partisan. Their coverage is bigoted or anti-bigot only in the sense that they are following the story lines of the networks with better ratings.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.