Explain something with the thousand most used words in English

It’s worth noting that Japanese newspapers are not at all dumbed down and will often contain a lot of technical terms without a lot of explanation. In Japan, daily newspapers are often cited as something that requires a high level of reading comprehension, rather than just an average level of reading comprehension.

A person can generally get by day-to-day with a thousand or so kanji, and 2,000 is considered sufficiently literate.

1 Like

i see what you did there GIF

Nicely done :hugs:

3 Likes

AksHuaLLy Oxygen does not burn. It is used to make other things burn.

So perhaps oxygen: the part of air that helps other things burn

4 Likes

The top tips show how you can ‘enclose’ technical terms or address them as Ms Oxygen (included in the example).

I come from a land that is often called green. I moved away when I was nearly twenty. I went to a land where people fire guns a lot, but at the same time you need a lot of money to stay well. In this land a small group of people who are loud and stupid have been able to decide how other people are allowed to live. We must do what we can to make sure that these loud, stupid people lose this power every time we can.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.