Eyewitnesses say police refused to confront Texas gunman, who was in school for "up to an hour"

The Onion staff is just as furious as the rest of us.

17 Likes

Combining those two, I’m surprised there are no reports of parents involved in a shoot out with police.

1 Like

You keep trying to make this point, but this town has a SWAT team. They spend 40% of their budget on their cops.

16 Likes

That seems to be the logical endpoint to this madness; we won’t see any real action towards viable solutions until some asshole decides to go shoot up the Senate… or the NRA headquarters.

Hell, probably not even then

13 Likes

Conservatism can never fail, it can only be failed /s

7 Likes

Only when elite private schools suffer similar fates.

7 Likes

There will be more, as RWNJs get elected to school boards, and with the state legislature’s assistance lower or remove the qualifications for teaching, so that the RWNJs can " recommend" new teachers to put an end to the “indoctrination” in public schools and teach the children all about the wonders of Jesus/Trump/unregulated capitalism. 'Murica!

4 Likes

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Several of these very cops participated in an active shooter drill at the local high school a month before the Uvalde shooting!

Edit: timing

19 Likes

FOUR SROs were fired for dereliction of duty from that, IIRC.

2 Likes

There should be 19 police officers being fired right now.

At the least, that’s not really a strong enough consequence.

20 Likes

People were going to hang the vice president, and he basically spent a little time sulking over that before he went back to supporting his boss. America has already had the most appalling violence. This will only end when the system where a handful of venal and extremist senators can block all action is changed.

13 Likes

I think that contributes more towards deliberately shooting children (hey, the kid might have had a gun!) rather than the wild fly of bullets which is just an integral part of firing a gun in an actual combat situation. (I’ve seen more than one video where a cop was in a gunfight with someone, both completely emptied their magazines without hitting the other - despite the gunfight starting while they were no more than six feet apart. This is typical.) Though it certainly means it’s far more likely that a cop will shoot at someone (who isn’t shooting back) in the first place.

1 Like

And then their union successfully sued to get them rehired.

1 Like

18 Likes

Sorry for the crosspost, but this is beyond the beyond.

"Gomez said she also saw police tackling one father and throwing him to the ground, and that another parent was pepper sprayed. And then, the police doing fuck all, she took off to save her own kids:

Once freed from her cuffs, Ms. Gomez made her distance from the crowd, jumped the school fence, and ran inside to grab her two children. She sprinted out of the school with them.

She also said that when school buses arrived to take kids from the school after the shooter had been killed, she saw a cop tase a father who went up to one of the buses to get his kid."

15 Likes

download

5 Likes

The system is set up so that the state can hold officers to task, it’s individual citizens that can’t.

3 Likes
15 Likes

This is why I no longer read the news. It just makes me mad at the whole stupid GD human race and sends my depression through the floor. Screw all stupid idiots and cowardly police officers everywhere.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.