"F**k Trump," say UAW strikers in refreshing street interviews

Originally published at: "F**k Trump," say UAW strikers in refreshing street interviews | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Fuck Trump!

22 Likes

It’s not often that we get to hear words of reason from someone wearing a red baseball cap to a protest these days.

26 Likes

You love to see it.

Also love to see how people are remembering the power and utility of the union in 2023. (And by this I mean people watching successful strikes. The members obviously already knew how useful unions are for workers.)

23 Likes

Also good to see folks off the assembly line having the opportunity to exhibit their intelligence and not be taken for the fools most libertarians think they are. :+1:

31 Likes

I guess they weren’t fooled by Trump’s plan “to visit the autoworkers” (who are actually a bunch of scabs, hosted by an anti-union organization).

12 Likes

For all that conservative pundits claim that liberal and progressive politicians are out of touch with blue-collar “Real Americans™” on economic issues, the truth is right here. They know a greedpig grifter when they see one.

18 Likes

While Biden joined actual striking UAW workers on an actual picket line, Trump will be having an invite-only rally (at which he will presumably complain about his personal legal problems) at a non-union auto parts plant. Truly the representative of Real Americans™.

13 Likes

Maybe they’re aware of how he’s always felt about unions.

If you can steel yourself to hear his voice, have a listen.

“It’s the same thing with the unions. They get their little 5%, they get another 2%, they get another 3%, 4%. All of a sudden, they’re making more money than the people that own the company,”

8 Likes

He’s not describing unions, there. He’s describing his mob buddies from NYC.

12 Likes

The fact that Trumps wants to come to Michigan and speak with UAW members, at a non-union plant, when the GOP has been anti-union for generations, is peak Trump irrational weirdness.

7 Likes

Applaud Standing Ovation GIF by Black Market

7 Likes

Trump and his awareness of how he’s perceived by a lot of people are not close neighbours

6 Likes

I might be late to the game but

12 Likes

I’ll see you and raise you…

8 Likes

TFG had to pay people to come in and hold signs at his rally. How pathetic is that. Then he has the nerve to ask UAW president to endorse him.

4 Likes

To be fair, it was substantially less pathetic than those white people holding “Blacks for Trump” signs at his rallies. At least it wasn’t obvious they weren’t union members/autoworkers. Well, until they admitted it to reporters - but his supporters don’t pay any attention to what reporters say, so…

2 Likes

During my time at Rocketdyne: The top-level welding spec used by welders, manufacturing engineers, and weld engineers was written by a welder. When turbomachinery engineers had questions and concerns about assembly of fuel and oxidizer turbopumps or required failure analysis support, they brought in one of our lab mechanics who supported pump development and testing; this same individual was also brought in on unique, one-off support involving work outside of his official scope (ex: testbeds flown by the SR-71.) Those are just two examples from our test organization and there were other standouts. All were in the union.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.