FAA investigating SpaceX launch license violations as Musk rages on

Are you implying that the FAA has been infiltrated by Martians? That would be a pretty stunning example of regulatory capture.

3 Likes

Hey, I’m not advocating dropping anything from space onto anyone from Texas…

Jokes aside though, space and rocketry is a very difficult engineering challenge and SpaceX is taking a completely novel approach to many aspects. The “hardware rich” design approach (test to failure early and often), the vehicle aerodynamics (there are no other vehicles with the same control approach), the manufacturing facility (on the beach and in the open).

It should be no surprise that any or all of these are causing regulatory troubles. I certainly don’t think SpaceX should get to work outside of the regulatory framework and it doesn’t sound like Musk thinks so either. It really just sounds like there is a disconnect between the activities that were envisioned by those who set the rules for the FAA Space division and the work conducted by SpaceX. I haven’t heard anyone saying “F* the rules” so why is that always the strawman?

5 Likes

Also, Elon Musk is a fascist

14 Likes

I’m kinda okay with that.

3 Likes

Smbc expansion

8 Likes

And an idiot.

11 Likes

“solve traffic” :confused:

8 Likes

I was more going for the “tunnels under Miami” part, but there’s that too.

8 Likes

I’m sure if you spent a billion dollars you could build a tunnel under Miami

Whether it would be good for anything is another question

8 Likes

LOL, that’s hilarious. Digging tunnels in Florida seems like a very poorly thought out idea.

11 Likes

So, Elon… there’s this thing called a water table.

8 Likes

I would love for Elon to get to mars ASAP… Just Elon though.

2 Likes

Musk will solve all our problems until they require practical application and then fuhgeddaboudit.

10 Likes

y’all are silly.
he’s talking about a super speedway for submarine cars!

and yes, they’ll be Tesla submarine cars!

2 Likes

Humanity could settle for Kinder Bueno, or Kitkat.

4 Likes

Public transit… :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

I think Elon just wants a second freeway through the Hollow Earth

6 Likes

Now imagine that computer can explode and kill a bunch of people if one tiny thing goes wrong and you might have a fitting analogy.

12 Likes

I mean, that’s kind of Elon’s thing.

13 Likes

This is just FUD. The emphasis in the tweet is editorial and the evidence is that the ventilators were made and delivered. Honestly if you are taking aim at Musk there are much better targets on the topic of COVID.