Face Mask Anarchy: When life gives you lemons, improvise

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/09/face-mask-anarchy-when-life-g.html

9 Likes

Props for invention to the large water bottle cut-out guy, but green lattice/mesh bucket guy, what on earth were you thinking?

(Suspect that may be a red herring and not a mask attempt, at all!)

9 Likes

Best response: “His nose is running” :laughing:

3 Likes

Is that garlic hanging from the newsprint version of the plague mask? I was not aware that the CDC recommended garlic as a suitable replacement for an N95 mask.

5 Likes

Waiting for someone using a Tiger Mask, Gekko Kamen or Kekko Kamen cosplay.

1 Like

you see anarchy, i see humans being creative and playful even in the face of global disaster.

7 Likes

I think that they are going for “a poptart is a sandwich” style radical sandwich anarchy. Anything can be a face mask.

3 Likes

Some made me laugh and some made me sad.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Yes, these are silly masks. But what a lot of news articles about this are NOT pointing out is that when everyone wears a mask, the combination of your mask, physical distancing and their mask puts two masks between you. Every person has the virus reduction benefit of two masks.

The people who are saying that good home made masks don’t work are relying on some poorly run studies which don’t look at what happens when most people wear masks and keep physical distance - they’re making “educated guesses” based on studies that don’t reflect what’s actually happening. In real life, mask wearing is working well in Singapore, Hong Kong and other places where masks are universal.

So wear a mask.

3 Likes

BoJack in real life. It would only be better if set in an ABC store…

CDC announces decree: all Americans should wear a mask, conveniently forgets the devil is in the details.

5 Likes

I assume that’s a reference to the plague doctor masks, which were stuffed with aromatic herbs to protect against “bad air.”

2 Likes

Got out the sewing machine and am finishing up a lot of hangfire projects, including masks for all my staff for when they return to work.

5 Likes

Is that “Mad Mike” Ermentraut(sp?) wearing the black jock strap?
Someone better call Saul…

2 Likes

You just need to cram a lot if herbs in the plague masks to increase their filtering ability. Or figure which plants the virus dies on the fastest. Maybe something charred and compressed to be activated charcoal.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.