Facebook advises employees to not wear Facebook-branded apparel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/12/facebook-advises-employees-to-not-wear-facebook-branded-apparel.html

2 Likes

Crypto-faceism

7 Likes

“I never thought that making a buck by enabling the Leopards Eating People’s Faces party would result in my fearing that leopards would eat my face!”

16 Likes

I work for a sports analytics company. After a couple encounters with Trump extremists this summer, I no longer wear my company provided “Stats Don’t Lie” t-shirts.

10 Likes

Living in Seattle I have always been surprised that Amazon gives all new hires the same gift backpack. On the bus it’s like a scarlet letter marking everyone who works for Amazon. Just seems to be asking for their employees to be harassed. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Which explains why you were able to post here just a couple of hours ago.

Stay safe.

5 Likes

Down here in the Bay Area those branded bags scream “steal me, there’s a laptop inside”. Snatch and grabs were really common on BART in the before times.

Now, none of us techies go to the office…

2 Likes

Exactly. I never heard specifically about them being targeted here but always wondered how no one into mugging people wouldn’t take the bags and badges as a big red rob me sign.

ETA: I haven’t been on a bus since covid broke but same as you I suspect there was a sharp drop in the tech riders.

3 Likes

Do Facebook employees normally wear branded apparel? That seems like it would out you as an enormous douche when going out on the town in San Francisco.

I currently work for a very large corporation, and they love the smell of their own farts.

There were times (in the pre-pandemic days) where it was pretty much mandatory to wear branded swag (big wig from some other part of the company coming to visit etc…, big multi-business meeting where it would be video-ed for replay on the web etc…

I always brought a spare non-branded shirt to change in to if I had to run any errands after work.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.