Facebook bans famous war photo because the screaming, napalmed child's genitals are offensive

You might want to check: it looks like your saved signature is being added to your post. I think this happens for some posters who log in from their phones.

4 Likes

It’s either that or quirky modern poetry

2 Likes
1 Like

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2013/december/code-poetry-slam-122013.html

That Javascript haiku is damn clever*, even if it is the most neckbeardy thing ever.

*even more clever if each of the two curly braces at the end is pronounced as an awkward empty pause

1 Like

:slight_smile:

I suspect that you’d enjoy the rest of the album it’s from, too.

The Internationale (album) - Wikipedia

Like this one:

2 Likes

*lolz

4 Likes

I dunno, not nothing.

I’ve thought for awhile that if such a dominance came about, as it is now, that someone or something online would become the first virtual equivalent of a POPOS or POPS, a privately owned public open space or privately owned public space.

What hinders it is, what does Facebook owe for? Usually these arragements are tit-for-tat.

Typically the private component gets something from the arbiter of public components, a government.

So, if Facebook owes nothing, sure.

But now… what with Facebook for many years accepting taxpayer subsidies that now exceed one beellyon dollars…

Not much would change, FB would police the same efficient way, but when this occurred, they’d have to put it right the fuck back up.

Obligatory:

7 Likes

Agree totally but my initial thoughts on this were she would have to do a handstand to show any genitalia.

I also used your argument on another forum as many nude bodies have been shown with regards to holocaust, men, women and children.

How would facebook regard any of these photo’s?

Regards.

Mod note: Stay on topic

8 Likes

Maybe someone should start a topic about this issue…

9 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Is it hypocritical for free speech advocates to moderate comments on their own site?

I split off-topic the specific discussion of “is moderation censorship?” to

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.