Facebook is a 'parallel universe' of lies and minisformation crafted to deliver the election to Trump

Typically, the top interactions on Facebook are from conservatives or conservative outlets. Back in July, Kevin Roose posted the top 10 most shared posts were from:

1. Fox News
  2. Fox News
  3. Occupy Democrats
  4. Fox News
  5. Ben Shapiro
  6. Ben Shapiro
  7. Ben Shapiro
  8. An0maly
  9. Blue Lives Matter
  10. Dan Bongino

See the pattern? It’s all from a conservative slant. Because of the conservative slant, leftist outlets like the NYT et al. will do everything they can to discredit those who create this content. They will even throw shade at Facebook itself because Facebook allows conservative content to be shared. That’s why leftist activists pretending to be journalists, like Roose, proclaim Facebook to be a parallel universe. Roose qualifies this view by paragraphs such as this:

“The conservative commentator Ben Shapiro has gotten 56 million total interactions on his Facebook page in the last 30 days. That’s more than the main pages of ABC News, NBC News, The New York Times, The Washington Post and NPR combined . Data from a different firm, NewsWhip, showed that Mr. Shapiro’s news outlet, The Daily Wire, was the No. 1 publisher on Facebook in July.)”

When a single person like Ben Shapiro is getting more interactions than ABC News, NBC News, the NYT, The Washington Post and NPR combined, it should indicate there’s a problem with legacy news media. Instead, the legacy news media will stay their course and continue attempting to discredit people like Shapiro, and again, and hint that Facebook is in bed with Trump’s army. This is a wink and a nod to Facebook that they should be shutting down conservative speech even more than they’re already doing.

In Roose’s universe, Breitbart and Fox News are far right when the truth is they’re fairly center right. In his universe, groups like Patriot Prayer are far right white supremacists. They’re not, but it’s what every single legacy news outlet will call them without presenting any evidence. The more they claim they aren’t far right white supremacists, the more the left uses this to say they are. It’s the perfect Kafka Trap.

I’m self-aware enough to understand what I’ve said will go over like a lead balloon. I’ve been reading Boing Boing for a very long time but almost never have the urge to post comments. I had recently seen Roose’s Facebook top 10 list and then found this post. I always find it interesting to read how conservatives are perceived by those on the left.