Facebook/Meta shares lost nearly half their value in six months

Originally published at: Facebook/Meta shares lost nearly half their value in six months | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Good. The sooner this toxic company dies or is relegated to the status of AOL, the better.

As for this metaverse play, their ability to deliver on the promises made in that stupid and cringeworthy video will either come too late or (due to the laws of pesky old physics) not at all. Only the stupidest investors won’t understand that.

36 Likes

I ain’t crying over Zuck losing money, and never will.

Pay your taxes dead beat billionaire.

31 Likes

I would say “good,” but stock price doesn’t have much of a relation to the health of the company itself, and I’d really like to see Facebook itself deflate by (at least) half.

12 Likes

Joy of Tech already said it best…

27 Likes

standing ovation applause GIF

18 Likes

pity party mr crabs GIF

14 Likes

If you have a FB account, now’s the time to delete it. I did it 5 years ago and it still feels great.

16 Likes

The economy is nonsense.

12 Likes

That’s an understatement.

12 Likes

The company’s executive management is completely rotten, from the one who just got fired for inappropriate and graphic communications with a 13 year old…

…to the ones who get promoted (although admittedly Zuckerberg couldn’t have found a better candidate for Chief Executive Stooge than Nick Clegg)

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-02-17/zuckerberg-still-has-too-much-control-of-facebook

13 Likes

I don’t think this will help

15 Likes

…except in one notable way - I have personally believed that a sizeable number of folks still working for Facebook (a workforce in excess of 70k) have remained on because of their stock options. I am now hoping this calamitous decline causes them to re-examine their life choices more closely.

22 Likes

They’ve stuck in there this long, despite everything else… though I suppose because they’ve stuck in there this long, despite everything else, the stock options might have been the only thing keeping them there. Well, fingers crossed.

14 Likes

But it doesn’t matter to Zuck because the stock retained its value in his meta verse.

12 Likes

Losing your life savings will do that to you.

15 Likes

Cory makes, IMHO, a compelling comparison to the fall of Myspace…

https://pluralistic.net/2022/02/17/live-by-the-swordlive-by-the-sword/#unfriending-tom

11 Likes

That’s very meta.

17 Likes

Honestly for some devs, they may have been holding 100k or more in unvested stock, and that’s a pretty hard thing to walk away from, which is why companies do this strategy. With every other tech company hungry and ready to hire, this absolutely is a huge impact to their ability to retain employees unless they do something crazy to compensate.

8 Likes

Grumpy_Cat-Good

10 Likes